Pimples, also called acne, occur when your skin’s oil glands are overactive and pores become inflamed. Some types of skin bacteria may make pimples worse. Pimples can appear anywhere on the skin, but they most often occur on the face. – www.healthline.com
However, acne severity can be reduced in these simple and proven steps.
Properly Wash your Face
- Use an alcohol free cleanser to wash your face. This will help remove excess dirt and dirt which may block the skin pores and cause inflammation. Remember to wash your face twice a day with warm, not hot, water and apply a mild cleanser in a gentle, circular motion using your fingers.
Know your skin type
- Anyone can get acne regardless of skin type.
- Oily skin is the most pimple – prone since much oily sebum is produced by your skin’s sebaceous glands. However, knowing your skin type is much important. This will help you to make correct decisions when deciding the right cleansers for you.
- Some skin care products can be cruel to the skin and may cause much more problems. Don’t know your skin type, request an online skin care consultation with us today.
Moisturize your skin
- Our skins tend to produce more oils if we dehydrate ourselves.
- It is important to stay hydrated or use oily free moisturizers in your daily routine. This will help to reduce much oil secretion from our skins.
- Moisturizers help to reduce dryness in the skin and have more benefits than you could imagine.
- “This ensures that the skin looks more plump and smooth and supports skin barrier function—which, in turn, improves both the texture and overall appearance of your skin,” explains New York City dermatologist Dr. Hadley King.
Stay off the Brushes
- Go au naturel when you can. Don’t cover up your pimples using make-up. This will increase the severity of the acne. Here is why, make up tends to clog pores and trigger outbreaks.
- When you do wear makeup, avoid greasy, heavy foundation, and use products that are noncomedogenic, sheer, and fragrance-free. – www.healthline.com
Don’t touch your face
- Our hands do a lot everyday. This includes touching surfaces which may contain bacteria and germs. It is advisable to keep a sanitizer with you and limit touching your face. This will limit instances of pore-clogging impurities.
- Washing your hands regularly is also a big step to reduce the severity of acne.
Lastly, there are many ways to reduce the severity of acne. You can request a skin care consultation with our professionals or shop our cleansers from D’Vine collection. Check them out today to order or call us and we shall deliver.
Here is a link to view our cleaner catalog.
“Filters are great, but great skin is better.”